Register Login/Out
Forum Index  
Web Site Suggestion Box
Last Thread | Next Thread  >

WCNI Radio > WCNI - 90.9FM

Author Thread
Leslie

Web Site Suggestion Box  Reply with quote  

In our effort to improve the site, we're looking for suggestions from all of you. What would you like to see added, improved, deleted, or otherwise modified? I have some nifty photos, so I'm thinking of a gallery somewhere.

I'm no fan of those goofy emoticons, and I'm sorely tempted to delete them. I'd probably get mail, so I won't.

-Leslie (Mrs. Senslis)
Post Wed Apr 21, 2004 10:53 am
Cpt. Z

I'm on another forum that seems to use the same programming as this one. It works pretty well - easy to understand - easy to follow.

Idea Just want to use an emoticon to tweak you a bit. Laughing. I guess emoticons are a necessary evil Twisted Evil in text only messaging. They help to keep misunderstandings from happening so often Rolling Eyes. I prefer the restrained use of keyboard created emoticons, once in awhile, over the too cute pre-pasted ones Neutral, but that's progress Exclamation Shocked

Having SpellCheck available is nice. I found that it wanted to correct words that I had spelled correctly or that it wanted to change words completely. I'm not sure if I understood it properly or if it has a mind of its own. I'll be careful with it in the future.

Suggestion: Keep 'sticky' threads to a bare minimum.

Thanks so much for getting us up and running.

Phil Siena
Post Fri Apr 23, 2004 11:41 am
senslis

dictionary  Reply with quote  

I agree that this spell checker has some to be desired... and I think it could be improved with just a better word list. I'm really not impressed with the "word list" they provided for the english language. For example, it didn't include "I'm" - which I've now added. I will add to or replace the dictionary if I find a better list of words. If you come across a good complete list of english words, let me know.

This is a fairly commonly used forum - we just tried to give it a "facelift" so it would look more like the rest of the website.

-Laurin
Post Fri Apr 23, 2004 9:13 pm