PM's

Register Login/Out
Forum Index  
90's SKA band GOLGO 13 TO REUNITE FEB 23rd @ GEE FOR BENEFIT
Last Thread | Next Thread  >

WCNI Radio > Concert Calendar

Author Thread
wailingcity.com

90's SKA band GOLGO 13 TO REUNITE FEB 23rd @ GEE FOR BENEFIT  Reply with quote  

THIS IS AN OFFICIAL STATEMENT:
(heh, seriously!)

Hello all, Meghan from wailingcity.com here...

First off: Yes, this show is really happening!! GOLGO 13 IS REUNITING after 10 years in benefit for friend Zack Pettini!!

ALL BANDS HAVE CONFIRMED! Don’t know what I’m talking about? Read on…

So Shaun and I decided it was about time. We’re throwing our 2nd wailingcity.com event on Friday February 23rd!

It’s actually got a really good purpose though… it’s a benefit for our friend Zack Pettini. You may remember his black spikey hair and/or his punk vox from the old Mystic punk band “The Afflicted”. He was involved in a serious car accident not long ago in Oregon and he needs our help!!!

Did I mention that two of the greatest local bands are REUNITING FOR THIS SHOW??

Late 90’s ska-punk leaders GOLGO 13 and members of the indie-punk band SMALL TOWN HERO , (or some of you older scensters might remember these guys as members of Doug, Stepkid, or Blowpop)!!! Zack was actually on the cover of the Golgo CD “triskadekaphobia”….hence our snazzy flyer…

Shaun and I just received an email from Andrew Smith yesterday, (singer of Golgo 13), and he stated that ALL members of Golgo have confirmed to play this reunion show!!! This is very exciting news!! Most members of Small Town Hero will be in attendance accept bassist Dan Delauro, which is why they will be playing acoustic, er... semi-acoustic. NOT TO BE MISSED!!!

In addition to a confirmation from the amazing reggae/rocksteady band Riki Rocksteady & The Bad Ideas , New London punkards, Carbomb Inc. have also just joined the bill. The Hempsteadys who’ve been on the bill from the get-go, are New London’s newest ska-reggae act featuring the likes of our own Shaun from wailingcity.com, and The American Infidels on bass, Andy and Covey from the band Hand Grenade Serenade, Jordan from Chasing Trinity, and Johnny-”ska” from The Nice Ups! Of course a bill wouldn’t be complete without ska-punk kings Chasing Trinity and New London's newly favored indie-punk band The Hand Greanade Serenade ! I’m sure excited to see these guys on the same bill with Golgo!!

This show is a mind boggling-cheap-as-hell $5 COVER! All proceeds go straight to Zack. Additional donations will be accepted through out the night, we will have a donation box out for those who can afford a little extra.

Have I mentioned that our actual website "wailingcity.com" is about to be re-launched just in time for this show? Yeah, it's about time, and it's beautiful. It’s been a long time coming, that’s for sure. Our awesome friend Matty Whiskey, (from the band Delta Whiskey), is a web-design mad man and has helped us do a complete overhaul which wailingcity.com so desperately needed. It will be so easy for everyone to navigate and use, and will be updated constantly right along with our myspace page. We appreciate everyone’s support and dedication to wailingcity on myspace to help plan out your weekend! Help us help you support New London County music!!!

Support your scene New London, and help us support Zack!! Please come out to the show, and spread the word. Pass this flyer along!!!

You do not want to miss this show!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks guys! Hope to see you there Feb 23!!

Meghan & Shaun
(wailingcity.com)
Post Wed Feb 07, 2007 4:50 pm